Hey guys, so it's been two days since we landed here in Barcelona, Spain, and so far it has been a quiet trip. Yesterday we took a bus tour around the city and eventually stopped at a Parque Güell. The park itself was designed by Antonio Gaudí. I was impressed the Parque Güell because of the interesting mosaic tiles that were all over the structure.
The land was originally made for housing but was unsuccessful. The idea for a park was inspired by the English garden city movement.
Today we went to the Barcelona Aquarium where we saw many different kinds of fish as we walked through the glass viewer when we left the aquarium. We had planned to go on the gondola to Montjuïc
but the line was too long, so we went to lunch instead and then headed back home.
As we were walking home, we saw a parade that was seemingly in our path. none the less it was an interesting parade and we soon found out that the parade was celebrating something equivalent to our Thanksgiving which is why today most of the shops were closed.
Unfortunately, my mom got us lost and instead of taking a cab which would have been fine, we walked until my calves burned. I wanted a cab so badly that when one drove by,
I wanted to just ditch my mom and head back home. I soon realized that I had no money and I didn't know our address. Instead we carried on until after stopping to ask twice for directions we made it home. As my mom said, this is how you get to know a city. In my opinion, I think Google maps works just as well!
Connor, thanks for the great description of you adventures so far. I'd be interested to read about the place and neighborhood where you are staying, what you have been eating that is different than American food, what the weather is like, whether you are understanding any Spanish or trying to speak. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteSherri